Sunday, September 26, 2010

SOCIAL MEDIA TSUNAMI

My relationship with social media is in the romance phase. Everything is new, so wonderful and enjoyable. However, as with any new relationship, I feel overwhelmed. There are too many choices on the web. I would just describe this feeling as a social media tsunami.

Numerous blogs to follow, interacting with lots of people on skype , checking a bunch of people postings, twitters to follow, videos to comment on, virtual shelves to fill in with books, keep up with google waves, sites to visit and more. Besides all that I also have to take care of someone else's life...My Avatar. It is like I don't have enough to do in one life so now I start a social life in my virtual world.

Despite all of this, I am enjoying this experience very much. I know I have to try to narrow down my interactions and focus on a specific topic so I can succeed on the next assignment. I guess this is a process and part of the process is feeling overwhelmed but as long as I feel that the romance is worth it I should just stick with it and enjoy it.   Who knows, I might end up falling in love.

3 comments:

  1. I definitely understand the feeling! Although I chose not to embark on second life because I don't have a good graphics card and so the experience is less enjoyable.

    I am finding all the different media exhausting to keep up with too! But I am enjoying reading everyone's blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am enjoying reading the blogs as well. It is interesting to see the different perspectives and their opinions on social media.

    Thanks to all of those who are sharing their blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time. There is just not enough of it. I am amazed at just how much time it is taking to merely scratch the surface. I am pretty sure this is going to be a recurring topic in my blog as well. In a way I am glad to hear I am not the only one feeling a little overwhelmed.

    ReplyDelete