Sunday, October 03, 2010

LIVE SECOND LIFE TALK SHOW

Tonight I let my avatar experience her first live talk show in Second Life, "Tonight Live with Paisley Beebe."  Paisley Beebe hosts avatars who come on the show to talk about the work they are doing in SL.  They talked about health, music, and art.  It was quite interesting even though I had some problems with the sound (there was an echo).  I had trouble finding a good seat because the room filled up so quickly!!

I found it interesting to think that many of these people are artists and musicians in real life, yet somehow having a radio show with the real-life people speaking about their lives would not be as interesting, but a SL show with avatars speaking transports you to another level of interaction.  You can chat with the avatars and interact in a way you couldn't through a simple radio show.   The avatars also can express real-life gestures like clapping during the show.  Even the interviewees can use gestures while they are answering questions.  What does SL gives to the user that any other web 2.0 interface does not give?  Is it a new market for artists to get their work known?

These are some of the pictures I took during the show.  Guess which one I am? :)



No comments:

Post a Comment