Monday, November 29, 2010

USING SKYPE ALONG WITH CAMTASIA

I was preparing to do an interview via  skype to possibly present it to my class for a presentation I was making on virtual worlds. I had the questions written on paper. I had downloaded Camtasia to record the video conference. I tried recording my skype conversaton with a friend so I could make sure it worked well.

Everything was so perfect until the exact time that I made the decision to use headphones during the interview. BIG MISTAKE! I ended my interview after 30 minutes of great conversation. The person I was interviewing was a TV and radio host so her voice was great. When I went to listen to the recording I couldn't heard her voice. I panicked! It turns out that using the headphones meant that Camtasia did not record her voice!!  At the end of the day there was nothing I could do to get the recording to work.

I learned from this experience that in order to use things properly:
  • Try the tools and software several times in advance. 
  • Do not try to get fancy when you are going to be nervous trying to keep an interview going.

No comments:

Post a Comment