Monday, November 29, 2010

FACEBOOK, WHERE IS MY GROUP PAGE?

I was exploring the different things you can do with Facebook. I created a Facebook group for which I uploaded one picture from my library. Then, I made some of my friends members of the group and gave them administrator rights.

At some point I received a message from Facebook saying my group page had been converted into a community page.   I started getting very confused because now there were two pages for my group - one that was a "group" page and another community page that people could only "like."

Then, things got even more confusing when one of the administrators created an event in the community page instead of the facebook page I had created for the group. The problem was that the people that were members of the page didn't know about the event because it was on the community page.

I tried to fix it, but we haven't had an event since the change, so I don't know if this is still causing a problem. Next time, I will try to decide what is that I really need and then create it or maybe let the people involved switch to the right page and ignore the other one.  I also might consider sending an email to all the members of the group telling them to just look at the community page, and then I can close the group page to avoid confusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment